The word chakra comes from the Sanskrit language, and means a vortex or spinning wheel. It is also used to refer to the seven chakras found in the human body, corresponding to the different glands of the body. The first chakra is found at the spinal base and the seventh at the crown. All chakras are centers of spinning energy.
It is known that the chakra is a center of spinning energy, and that everything that moves causes vibrations. With this vibration, you find sound and this is why different parts of the body vibrate with different chakra sounds at different frequencies.
Seven different chakra sounds come from the seven chakras. Colors also vibrate with the sound at different frequencies. There are different colors associated with the different chakras and it is the combination of the chakra sound and color that restores balance in chakras. This in turn improves health.
You only need your voice for sound healing via chakra sounds, to feel better, calmer and clearer in a matter of minutes. However these chakra sounds should be soft and gentle, and not longer than five minutes duration each.
1. The first chakra sound is UH, the deepest sound possible. This chakra sound has to be done with eyes closed and with attention on the spine base chakra, the base chakra. When chanting the chakra sound, you have to be aware of the sound resonance found in the chakra location and not from the throat. This chakra sound is associated with the color red and has to be chanted for one or two minutes, and not longer than five minutes.
2. The second chakra is located about three inches below the naval where you find the second chakra sound OOO. This chakra sound is complimented with the color orange and has to be chanted with eyes closed. This helps you experience the balancing of the chakra with other chakras for a minute or two.
3. The third chakra sound “OH has to come from the navel chakra, found at the navel area. The color for complimenting visualization here is yellow. This chakra sound has to start very softly and gently, but higher than the last sound.
4. The chakra sound for the heart chakra, found in the middle of the chest is AH. This sound is usually emitted when in love and the heart chakra is associated with love. Green is the color you can use for complimenting this chakra sound where you have to start with a soft and gentle sound, with a slightly higher pitch than the last chakra sound.
5. EYE is the chakra sound for the throat chakra that can be complimented with blue. This chakra sound too has to be higher in pitch than the previous sounds.
6. AYE is the chakra sound for the third chakra found a bit higher than the two eyes, and in the forehead. The chakra sound is associated with indigo and has to be started with a soft and gentle tone, but should be of a higher pitch than previous sounds.
7. EEE is the highest sound you can create for the crown chakra found at the top of the head. Purple can be used for complimenting this chakra sound which starts with the highest EEE sound you can make. This chakra sound too starts soft and gentle.
The eyes have to be closed when chanting all chakra sounds with attention concentrated on the different chakras. This focus on the chakra starts projecting the chakra sound from the chakra. And the resonance from the sound chakras helps in the balance and alignment of the each chakra with other chakras.
It is better if you relax or meditate after this exercise as you may feel light headed. This should be done so that you can realize the benefits of the chakra sounds better.
The author Nisal Karuiyaratna is one of the experts who writes for chakra-balance.com site. To get more information on how understanding about chakra meditation can change your life and to get 29 Free chakra sound affirmations, hypnosis and special sound frequency audios visit here.